There’s little doubt that offering online consultations is of great benefit to your patients, especially while there are various restrictions in place due to the global situation. However, it’s no good having a solution that suits your patients but creates a whole lot of hassle for you and your practice. That’s where Medesk Meet comes into play as a fully integrated telemedicine solution that works alongside the Medesk practice management platform. It’s convenience and useability in one simple package.
Telemedicine in Medesk for Clinics
The telemedicine functionality has been built straight into Medesk, specifically so that it works seamlessly with all the existing features. Whether you have already signed up for a subscription or you’re still thinking about it, there’s not much more to do than click a couple of buttons to set the whole thing up.
To get your clinic ready for online consultations, all you need to do is:
- Define which doctors are going to handle video consultations
- Decide whether you’re going to offer both physical and virtual options
- Add online consultations to your website’s booking system
- Invite patients with existing appointments to convert them to online ones
How Receptionists Book an Online Consultation
Booking an online consultation in Medesk works in much the same way as it does for making a normal appointment. The sole difference is that you click on a switch to convert the appointment from physical to virtual. By doing so, you will have set up the online consultation perfectly for both your practitioner colleagues and their patients.
When an appointment is booked in the schedule, the following steps occur automatically:
- A unique and secure video link is generated
- A small video camera symbol appears in the appointment summary to denote a telemedicine consultation
- Buttons appear that allow you to manually send the video link to the patient by SMS
- Automated appointment confirmation emails are sent out
- Reminder messages are scheduled and sent in advance of the appointment
Telemedicine Is Not So Different
Once you’ve understood how your clinic is going to manage online consultations, making the process run like clockwork is the real challenge. That’s why we have integrated our video solution straight into the schedule page. As a clinician, all you have to do is click on an appointment in your diary as usual.
Starting a video consultation in Medesk could not be simpler. It works as follows:
- Go to your schedule
- Click on the appointment you need
- Choose the Connect button
- Your video consultation will start immediately
How Patients Can Get the Most out of Medesk Meet
Whether patients have used the online booking platform to make their own virtual appointment or you have done it for them while they are on the phone, the convenience of telemedicine is clear to all. Once a booking has been made, patients receive plenty of support to provide them with everything they need to know about their upcoming appointment.
For every online consultation booked, patients will receive the following:
- An email confirming their appointment and the video link they need to use
- Instructions how to download the Medesk Meet app for iOS or Android
- Reminder messages with further information to cut the risk of technical issues and no-shows
Since patients are coming to expect online consultations as a typical part of the services you offer, it’s worth getting to grips with this digital approach now. The Medesk support team will be very happy to discuss telemedicine and how it can be applied in your situation, and of course, we’ll set it all up in a matter of moments. We are building better healthcare and we want you to come along for the ride.
Drop us a line and we'll get right back to you. We'll answer all your questions and help you to choose the best subscription model for your needs.